PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Fall Car Show - September 12, 2010

LadyCobra
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.mnfords.com/images/misc/2010_fall_flyer_small.gif

Date: September 12, 2010
Where: Apple Valley Ford Lincoln Mercury
Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm (Check-In begins at 9:00am)

NEW CLASSES ADDED!

$7.00 - Pre-Register by September 8
$10.00 - After September 8/Day of Show

Online Pre-Registration available here (http://www.mnfords.com/content.php/148-Fall-Car-Show-Apple-Valley-Ford).
Flyer in PDF format for mail-in registration, please download here (http://www.mnfords.com/pdf/Fall_Show_Flyer_2010.pdf).

Any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

PM - LadyCobra
E-Mail - jennifer@mnfords.com
Phone - (612)978-9879

Hope to see you there!

Weather Forecast

http://www.mnfords.com/images/misc/car_show_weather.jpg

prostang92
05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
no love from kq?

LadyCobra
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Not within our budget to land KQ but maybe in the future! :thup:

Eleanor390
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
this is cool want to get Miss E in the show in June at AVF but notta gonna make it! She's giving me fits the cantankerous ol' bag!:banghead:

DNeinstadt
05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
LOL, Lilly, SHHH the car might hear you!!

jaymz
08-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Why was the Lightning class eliminated? One of the reasons I liked this show was that the Lightnings didn't have to compete against the redneck, 6' high, jacked-up, 4X4 trucks.

Jim

LadyCobra
08-02-2010, 07:49 AM
While we would have really liked to keep the Lightning as a separate class, the biggest problem was the number that attended the show and justifying trophies for that class. Because our trophies are sponsored by Apple Valley Ford, we needed to reorganize the classes and distribute the trophies accordingly.

As always, if we have a class that has a large group showing up, we will split them off separately and create additional classes in the future. For example, this year we split the SVT Cobra class into two because of the number of cars that have attend the show the past couple years.

If we can get 10 or more lightnings to show up, we'd be happy to add the SVT Lightning class back in.

LadyCobra
08-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Don't forget to pre-register to be eligible for door prizes! :cool4:

jaymz
08-25-2010, 09:32 AM
While we would have really liked to keep the Lightning as a separate class, the biggest problem was the number that attended the show and justifying trophies for that class. Because our trophies are sponsored by Apple Valley Ford, we needed to reorganize the classes and distribute the trophies accordingly.

As always, if we have a class that has a large group showing up, we will split them off separately and create additional classes in the future. For example, this year we split the SVT Cobra class into two because of the number of cars that have attend the show the past couple years.

If we can get 10 or more lightnings to show up, we'd be happy to add the SVT Lightning class back in.

Very disappointing. Especially with all the Mustang classes that border on the obscure.

Frankly, I feel there should be a Lightning category no matter how many enter.

Jim

HELLFYR
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Very disappointing. Especially with all the Mustang classes that border on the obscure.

Frankly, I feel there should be a Lightning category no matter how many enter.

Jim

Sorry you're disappointed Jim. Your worry about competing with a "jacked-up redneck 4x4" is unfounded, as we have never even
had one entered into one of our shows.

The Lightning class has dwindled over the last several years as has the SVT Contour and SVT Focus.
First the SVTC and SVTF merged.
Then they were merged again with the Compacts and Midsize class because the number of cars didn't warrant a separate class.

This is the same with the SVTL.

If this were an exclusively "SVT" show, I would agree, we keep the classes regardless of how many enter year to year.
But... being an ALL FORD BRANDS show, we need to keep things reasonable.

The classes that have NOT been merged with others have been kept as such because they have brought out
AT LEAST 4 cars in the class, OR... there is no logical class to group them with. Eventually if a class does NOT
bring out the bare minimum to make a separate class worthwhile, they will get merged with the 1800 (Other Ford Powered) class.

Just plain economics.

And yes, there are a couple classes that are borderline on that transition that we elected to "give them one more year" to see what happens.

Other classes that have sported TONS of cars have been split up the best we can into NEW classes to give others an opportunity
to win. The Terminator class is a prime example.

We are also discussing options to handle the members cars differently next year... but such a change would likely not take place
without discussion with the membership as a whole as it WOULD DRASTICALLY CHANGE who the members were competing against
(if against anyone at all... like I said, to be discussed).

Again, our show is an ever evolving event, please feel free to express your displeasures, and we DO listen to them.
At the same time, we listen to the accolades our show receives for doing exactly what we have done... adjusting to the demand.

Hope to see you on the 18th!

Rod

1991lx
08-25-2010, 06:40 PM
We had a jacked up green Bronco a few years back. But I thought that it was pretty well done and it did not look "Redneck". That being said it is an all Ford show and I enjoy seeing all FOMOCO vehicles so bring what ya got!

If your proud of your ride who cares what others think? I brought a 97 Town car to the AVF show in the spring and could care less if others discounted it. Personally I don't like the all Mustang shows, even though I have 3. If I am able to come to this event I will prolly bring my Lincoln.

Furthermore I think Rod stated it pretty well above... we are just a club putting on an event for Ford enthusiasts and are trying to do the best we can.

robl110
08-25-2010, 07:48 PM
registered

Love that there is a Mustang 79-93 class. Then I am not lumped in with all the high $$$ new cars :biggrin2:

jaymz
08-26-2010, 07:40 AM
I understand you reasoning and not trying to be an A-hole; just expressing my opinion and hoping for a way to fairly allow a unique Ford vehicle compete on an equal basis with other trucks. I'm thinking a "Street Truck" class would be OK.

Jim

MadJack
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
well, im in the same boat, as is stiltz i'm sure, we could do the "forgotten class" lol or something like that .

DNeinstadt
08-26-2010, 08:42 AM
We did our best to try to avoid the "just show up and get a trophy" classes. If we had more than the two Lightnings/Contours/Foci that are registered within the club show up, we would probably be able to have a class for them. However, we typically get 4-5 Focus guys if we get Steve to support/advertise for us, there are typically 2 Contours there, and 2 Lightnings. Seems foolish to have a trophy for a class that isn't even filled with the minimum amount of participants so we combined them.

Again, the more people that show up in a given category, the more likely we can make changes for the next year. There are so many Mustangs that we have seperated them out quite a bit. I forsee very few '74-'78 Mustangs so I think those will be combined and we'll be left with a class for '65-'78 Mustangs probably this next year as well.

Dan

notnss
08-26-2010, 10:32 AM
I want a Taurus section.

HELLFYR
08-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I want a Taurus section.

We have one... called "Spectator Parking" :uhoh:

Just kidding, you'd be more than welcome to enter it into the Compact/Midsize class.

No1Ford
08-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm not coming. :(

sonicx
08-28-2010, 05:12 PM
How many "99-04 mustang class" have registar'd so far?

LadyCobra
08-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Reminder: Sign up by September 8th to be eligible for door prizes :thup:

crouse
08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I will not be attending this year. I have an Auto-X event at DCTC in Rosemount.

LadyCobra
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Reminder: Pre-Register online or by mail to be eligible for door prizes!

Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts members, if you plan to display your car at the show, PLEASE register! The price is the same for ALL registrants. Thanks! :thup:

MadJack
09-08-2010, 03:35 AM
damn,i knew i forgot to do something! thats ok, ill live lol.

p51mstg
09-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Done. Thanks for the reminder.

We won't win anything, but it's an excuse to get the vert out of the garage.

sonicx
09-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Reminder: Pre-Register online or by mail to be eligible for door prizes!

Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts members, if you plan to display your car at the show, PLEASE register! The price is the same for ALL registrants. Thanks! :thup:

WAIT :eek2:.... so today is sept 8! Where are we suppose to park if we don't sign up by today(like if we don't registar for the show)?????? Thanks

Just want to know my options.

LadyCobra
09-08-2010, 08:27 AM
There's a spectator parking area and a side area for workers to park if you don't plan to display your car at the show.
If you decide to register AFTER today, the price is $10.00 the day of the show :)

66gtk
09-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Weather looks GOOD! I haven't gotten that day cleared yet, though. Big church kick-off lunch event....

No1Ford
09-08-2010, 09:13 AM
:think:

:ontome:

66gtk
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, I went ahead and pre-registered. Hopefully I can make it.

LadyCobra
09-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Latest Weather Forecast

http://www.mnfords.com/images/misc/car_show_weather.jpg

LadyCobra
09-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Great day for a car show!

notnss
09-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Yay

FLSTCI71
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Awesome show!!!! Thanks everyone. Great cars, great weather, great people, I don't know how the wife and I could have had a better time. Well, she maybe could have won something. lol. Other than that, perfect day, thanks again!!!!

robl110
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Great to see you there Mike. I Forgot you have a Saleen.

FLSTCI71
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Great to see you there Mike. I Forgot you have a Saleen.

Hey, great to see there you too. It's the wife's car, but she let me drive it today. I think she feels sorry for me because I am working on an Edsel. :rofl: Congrats on the hardware. And in a tough class to, way to go. And especially congrats on the upcoming new addition to the Ford family!!

robl110
09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey, great to see there you too. It's the wife's car, but she let me drive it today. I think she feels sorry for me because I am working on an Edsel. :rofl: Congrats on the hardware. And in a tough class to, way to go. And especially congrats on the upcoming new addition to the Ford family!!

Thanks and thanks! Now Jacob has a trophy to go with his pic in his room.

66gtk
09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
YES, it was a perfectly beautiful day (as usual for this show...). Big thanks to all the coordinators and volunteers. I couldn't stay long, but I was glad to be able to make it for much of the show and was able to carefully admire all the excellent cars. I was very happy to see such a large showing of early 'stangs this year! I also loved the huge Bullitt collection, which was incredible.

I had a very pleasing long drive to and from the show (the best part of any car show for me).

p51mstg
09-13-2010, 06:52 AM
It was great to see everyone again! Donna and I had a great time. We're still car show newbies and volunteering gave us something interesting to do.

Hey, Rob - sorry for being stuckup, I didn't know who I was standing next to until afterwards. Congrats on the new addition.
Troy, I was bragging you up to my wife - we may have some business for you over the winter.
Mike, did I meet you? If not, I'll have to do that at the next event. I know I met someone who was a member of the Stewie Cruisers, and a couple of other people who were familiar with SE MN, but am terrible with names.

My only disappointment was not being the Chosen One to drive that Challenger after the show.... :damnit:

66gtk
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Anybody have any info yet on the class winners?

LadyCobra
09-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Winners and such will be posted up late today or early tomorrow morning.

FLSTCI71
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Mike, did I meet you? If not, I'll have to do that at the next event. I know I met someone who was a member of the Stewie Cruisers, and a couple of other people who were familiar with SE MN, but am terrible with names.

I don't think we met. The only MFE member I "know" is Rob. I am not a member of Stewie Cruisers, but am a member of the SE Minn Ford Club.

Anybody have any info yet on the class winners?

Or any pics? Somehow I forgot to take pics of the Cobra Jet. :angryfire:

LadyCobra
09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I received two memory cards of photos to go through and resize, so will take some time to go through them all.
Give me a bit of time please :) Was a very long weekend.

p51mstg
09-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I got pics of the CobraJet, but all 4 wheels are on the ground (sorry). :takeoff:

That car was unbelievable! The driver appeared to have his hands full. Wish I could've seen him on County Rd 42 - must've been quite a spectacle.

F8LBITE
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Can you post pics please? I never got a chance to go and get a close look at it.

p51mstg
09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I can do that. Sorry - I meant to post pics last night, but got home late from training.

robl110
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
It was great to see everyone again! Donna and I had a great time. We're still car show newbies and volunteering gave us something interesting to do.

Hey, Rob - sorry for being stuckup, I didn't know who I was standing next to until afterwards. Congrats on the new addition.
Troy, I was bragging you up to my wife - we may have some business for you over the winter.

My only disappointment was not being the Chosen One to drive that Challenger after the show.... :damnit:

Hahaha its all good. Thanks! We are pretty excited.

It looked like your wife had fun giving the Mazda heck :burnout:

p51mstg
09-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Can you post pics please? I never got a chance to go and get a close look at it.