PDA

View Full Version : Cleanup Progress For Car Craft

HELLFYR
07-14-2010, 09:36 PM
How far are you ?

Got the car washed and dried tonight, windows buffed out, and entire car now sitting in a coat of ZAIO until tomorrow morning. Also got the tail pipes and tips cleaned up and buffed a little. Wheels are cleaned and sitting in a coat of ZAIO as well. Trying to decide if I want to do any of the interior tonight or not. Gonna be a long day tomorrow..

Plans for tomorrow are: Buff out ZAIO, add a coat of Z2, buff out wheels, vaccuum interior, clean windows interior, buff out Z2, coat of Z8, dust interior, treat seat leathers, clean up under-hood. Do one final good buffing of the car, a final coat of Z8 and call it good to go.

Good thing I have tomorrow off from work. Gonna head downtown to the Fairgrounds, collect credentials and mark off club space leaving here around 8am, figure I'll be up at 5am to get the buffing work done on the ZAIO. Neighbors are gonna love me for that.

Rod

Miller
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I wash and waxed my mom's truck, that's not going to car craft. I wish my paint looked good enough to put that much effort in to! Gonna wash it, probably pick up some synthetic turtle wax and hit it with the random orbital. Gotta see if I can get my headlights more clear, the 3M kit made it one giant haze. Then turn my attention to pa's saleen in the afternoon. Probably some treatment as mine.

notnss
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Well I started the car......

DNeinstadt
07-14-2010, 11:35 PM
2 out of 3 cleaned up "good enough" for Car Craft..

Tomorrow is Cobra time. Wash, dry, Z2, wipe off Z2, clean/Z2 wheels, clean tires/Zaino, vacuum, wipe interior, clean glass, engine bay, engine bay, engine bay, engine bay and then engine bay.

<rolls eyes>

Ugh.

HELLFYR
07-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Update:
ZAIO buffed out, wheels buffed out, leathers treated, interior wiped down, car currently sitting in a coat of Z2.
Taking a break now until we get back from the Fairgrounds.

Still gotta, buff out Z2, apply Z8, clean around the doors, clean glass interior, under-hood, final buff.

Oh, and still need to up the tire pressure, it's still down where I was running it in the rain at Amery. :)

LadyCobra
07-15-2010, 05:24 AM
I baked cookies :thup:

No1Ford
07-15-2010, 06:16 AM
engine bay, engine bay, engine bay, engine bay and then engine bay.

<rolls eyes>

Ugh.

One word for ya.......

Chrome!:errr:

HAULNSS
07-15-2010, 06:22 AM
This thread. :D

Lots of Z talk! Don't forget the Z10 on those leather seats!

Randy

Miller
07-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I would love Zaino but just can't afford it when my skill level, and equipment would not put it to good use. For now Turtle Ice and armoral wipes are good enough for me.

HAULNSS
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I would love Zaino but just can't afford it when my skill level, and equipment would not put it to good use. For now Turtle Ice and armoral wipes are good enough for me.

I'm a little biased, but Zaino isn't difficult or expensive, especially when compared to stuff from the auto parts store. A coat of Z2 is about $ .75 for my Impala SS. It is only as complicated as you want to make it.

Ask some the others in MNFE while your at Car Craft what they think. :biggrin2: Feel free to bend my ear about it at the show.

Randy

HELLFYR
07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm done... damn... it is hot out there today... gone through 3 bottles of water and still haven't re-hydrated.

Just need to load everything up and we are ready for tomorrow... oh and I need to install the Real Street Challenge stickers.
I'm #25 this year.

My plan is to hit the dyno almost right away tomorrow, going to fill the ice box and hope for the best.
Plan is to let the car sit and cool for a couple hours before heading over to the dyno, so ... I'll probably hit the dyno around 10:00.

Those that haven't heard the Stage 5 ported blower scream it is really something to hear in person.

MadJack
07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
gotta fiberglass bumpers and install, sand car, and clean interior out really good.

HELLFYR
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Real Street lettering installed... what a PITA. The lettering has next to no adhesive on it and kept lifting.

Finally got it all aligned and installed.

So I then go stick the Car Craft participant sticker and the damn thing is not only super sticky this year but also
static clingy. It got within 3/4" of the windshield and just sucked itself right to it. It's sort of straight, but there
is no way to get it off without destroying it. Oh well.

Enough of this crap. I'm done.

Rod

Miller
07-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Where do the participant stickers go? The lady at the counter that handed me mine did not tell me.

HELLFYR
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Supposed to be drivers side in lower left corner. If you can get it there, congratulations, mine is about 2/3 down the side.

Miller
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks!

notnss
07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Huuuuuuge thanks to HAULNSS for helping get the car cleaned up and ready for tomorrow, even with just 1.5 hours and some Zaino all in one it looks better than it has in years!

HAULNSS
07-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Huuuuuuge thanks to HAULNSS for helping get the car cleaned up and ready for tomorrow, even with just 1.5 hours and some Zaino all in one it looks better than it has in years!

:washwax:

Any time.

I just got in the house and I only spent a few minutes on my car. A Zaino customer stopped by after you left and we talked cars and detailing too much.