PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Possible meet up in Mankato?

Miller
07-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I was thinking anyone maybe want to meet up in Mankato this Saturday? Among getting a group of us together and hanging out, there is a MRCI grand prix, basically it's free go-cart racing to benefit a rehabilitation center that could be fun. Also a jazz festival going on that day, and I don't have to work.

http://www.greatermankatoevents.com/events.php?curr_month=07&curr_year=2010&date=2010-07-24

Also could take a cruise somewhere.

Also, some/most of the vikings will be in town starting that Friday and I've run into them at local bars plenty of times, so there's a good if we were to head downtown for a beer, or some grub we might run into a few of them. Just a thought, I am going to be working on packing since I move Monday, but if a bunch of people are interested I can work around that.

p51mstg
07-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Miller, I wish I could make it, but that's our car show in West Concord. I know Mankato well enough, but it's changed (mostly for the better) since I went to school there. MSU isn't the same without the 'Tross! :boohoo:

Go-carts are fun. I usually get whooped, though...

Miller
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Well not gettin much interest here or on MNFocus and I think I'll be packing most of the day, so probably not gonna be a get together of any sort, unless there's a large uproar of people.

wysiwyg
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I live in St Peter and work in Mankato. The Vikings do not report to training camp until the 31st which is not this weekend but the following. MRCI is advertising this event all around Mankato. I work for 9a-3p that day @ Best Buy.

Miller
07-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I got the dates off with when they come. My weeks are messed up.

I know ya'll like your food. Buster's down here has over 50 burgers on there menu and every one I've ever had has been delicious.