PDA

View Full Version : August 7 - 4th Annual All Ford Show

LadyCobra
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Click on Above Picture for Full Size Flyer (http://semnfordclub.com/_Media/4400_1222.jpg)

When: Saturday, August 7, 2010
Time: 10:00 - 2:00
Where: Holiday Ford, Austin, MN

$5.00 Registration

For more info, visit www.semnfordclub.com (http://www.semnfordclub.com)

MadJack
07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
i realy wanted to be there but i gota family reunion

FLSTCI71
07-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Feel free to email me if you have have any questions. I've been in the SE MN Ford Club for over 25 years. flstci71@yahoo.com

drop top
07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
is this a preregister thing or register at the show?

FLSTCI71
07-22-2010, 05:55 PM
It's just a register at the show thing. It's only $5 for a vehicle and spectators are free. The Ford Dealer claims they will have free hot dogs and pop there. I say "claims" because we had a similar promise from the Rochester Ford dealer a few years ago and they didn't do one thing for us. This is our first time at this Ford dealer in Austin, so we are hoping he comes though for us. If the weather cooperates, I would expect anywhere from 25 - 75 cars. It's Ford powered only, so no bowtie streetrods allowed. I don't expect a huge turnout, but I do expect a good time!

1991lx
07-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Trophys or Dashplaques?

FLSTCI71
07-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Trophys or Dashplaques?

Yes! Dash Plaques for the first 50 (or 75, I don't remember) vehicles registered and trophies to the top two in each class. If we get a bunch of entries in one class and none in another, we usually award the extra trophies to the larger class. We try to keep it as fair as we can and stay pretty laid back....

robl110
07-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I am in :pickle:

HELLFYR
07-24-2010, 07:42 AM
They got a "a" car-wash down in Austin ? lol
By the time I got down there the ole orange beastie would need some serious cleanup.

robl110
07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Hellfry, maybe Randy will have tested his no rinse bucket wash stuff by the show.

p51mstg
07-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm still trying to fit this show in, but would like to come down. My 2007 Pony Pkg V-6 came from that dealer. I also rent a C-172 at the airport in Austin - they are great people there, and that's what keeps me coming back.

LadyCobra
07-25-2010, 06:25 PM
We've got this one on the calendar to go to :thup:

p51mstg
07-27-2010, 08:55 AM
FLSTCI71 - is Carl bringing the dyno down?

My wife and I are thinking we might take our new 1983 Mustang to the show, but maybe take a Cessna to the cruise. I already have the plane reserved, but we'll see what the weather does.

:lowrider:

FLSTCI71
07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
FLSTCI71 - is Carl bringing the dyno down?

My wife and I are thinking we might take our new 1983 Mustang to the show, but maybe take a Cessna to the cruise. I already have the plane reserved, but we'll see what the weather does.

:lowrider:

Supposedly, Carl will be bringing the dyno. I haven't heard it from him personally, so I am not guaranteeing it. It's pretty close to his home base though, hopefully he will be there.

If you bring the Cessna, you can lead the cruise....

msmistyk
08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
They got a "a" car-wash down in Austin ? lol
By the time I got down there the ole orange beastie would need some serious cleanup.

So what's the word on a car wash? F8L & Misty are in and will need a bath as well... :dancenana:

FLSTCI71
08-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I am not from Austin, so I am not familiar with car wash locations. Here is what a quick Google found:

http://local.dmv.org/minnesota/mower-county/austin/car-wash.php

http://local.yahoo.com/MN/Austin/Automotive/Car+Washes

I'll see if I can find out something more concrete in the next day or two.

p51mstg
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm asking around to find a car wash. It appears that Holiday Ford has one, but I'm not sure if it's self-serve or what.

The Ford dealer is on Oakland, which is the main east-west road through Austin. For anyone coming from the west on I-90, they can take the Oakland exit and go past the show site - I'd look along that stretch, until you get to the other side of the city limits.

Coming from the east on I-90 (like, from Rochester), I'd take the 4th St. exit on I-90 and go south to Oakland - that's another area where there might be a car wash.

I see that several of the full-service car washes on the links (above) are either along one of those two roads or nearby. If I can find a self-serve car wash before Friday, I'll post it.

robl110
08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Is anyone meeting in the cities to cruise down as a group?

msmistyk
08-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Is anyone meeting in the cities to cruise down as a group?

Not sure where you're located, but a few of us are meeting at the Sinclair station at 494 & Bass Lake Road at 7 AM. LC/HELLFYR, you interested? :3gears:

LadyCobra
08-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Here's some info about a car wash posted from a new member to the forum from Austin (thanks maxshuty!)

There are 3 self serve car washes that I can think of - all cost around $2 for four minutes. I personally recommend this one - take exit 179 on I-90, get to 8th AVE NE, take a right, then take the first left. Head straight down that road and the car wash is at the very end of the road next to a custom hot-rod shop. So it's right on the corner of 11th ST SE and Oakland PL SE. I was just there yesterday, haven't had any problems there ever, and theres usually no wait at all.

Erica - I'll let Rod chime in on meeting Saturday morning :) Pretty sure we are gonna have the kids with us for the day so I don't think it'll be a problem but I'll let the guy drivin decide. :thup:

HMMRDWN
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
posted cruise info in a new thread.... come on out and join in the fun!

msmistyk
08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks all for the car wash info and directions! See ya soon! :)

MadJack
08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
change of plans, see ya'll there at the cruise in at new market

robl110
08-07-2010, 04:41 AM
change of plans, see ya'll there at the cruise in at new market

Nice! See ya in New Market.

LadyCobra
08-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Congratulations to Gary (BlackPony) and Erica (msmistyk) on trophies for runners-up in their classes :thup:

Congratulations to Rod (HELLFYR) on his trophy for high dyno number for the day.

Day started out interesting with the rain on the cruise down but turned into a hot 'n sunny one once it cleared out. Ended up with 11 cars in our group from the cities. Met up with some new faces along the way and got to meet some of our southern members as well.

Thanks to the SE Minnesota Ford Club for hosting the show!

robl110
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Congrats to the trophy winners!

Thanks to Mike, SE Minnesota Ford Club and Holiday Ford. It was a great event!!!

Nice to meet everyone. I look forward to more events.

Max, I got my brake lights back. When we did the spirited run :3gears: on the cruise my size sixteen must have kicked loose the brake light switch. I figured it out at Kwik Trip :spin:

MadJack
08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
size 16! holy christ man lol

BlackFink
08-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Thank you all!!!!!

house308
08-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Thank you all for coming down to our show today, it is nice that people are willing to travel this far for a show. The owner of the dealership wants to have it again next year, so maybe we can shoot for 100 cars next year.

p51mstg
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
It was a pleasure to meet everyone! Donna and I had a great time!

Rod, thanks for the advice on tires.

FLSTCI71
08-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you all for coming down to our show today, it is nice that people are willing to travel this far for a show. The owner of the dealership wants to have it again next year, so maybe we can shoot for 100 cars next year.

I second what Doug said. We appreciate everyone coming to the show. I know my wife, son and daughter all had a great time seeing all of the cool cars too. With the way the weather started out, we were wondering how many people would show up. We were pretty stoked to see so many from the cities area come rolling in all at once. That set the tone for the day, we knew it would turn out well. We'll be discussing the final info from this year's show and then we'll do a quick look ahead to next year's show at our September meeting. We'll keep you posted. Thanks again!! Mike.

P.S. Thanks to Rob for posting some good pics already. I'll try to post a few as well. My son and I have to deliver a Turbo Coupe to IL tomorrow, so it may be a day or two. Maybe some others will post a few too in the meantime. I did see the overhead shot from P51 at the rootbeer stand. That was VERY cool....

p51mstg
08-08-2010, 07:10 AM
The dealership was a better host than I expected - very welcoming. I was also surprised - and relieved - at how many people showed up after that nasty rain we had.

One comment I heard from a fellow Ford owner was that the outer row of cars should've been facing *in* for better viewing. After that comment was made, I noticed how hard it was to get decent engine-bay shots. It looked cool from Oakland Ave., but I couldn't get any decent photo angles of those cars.

Overall, a very fun show. Any idea how many cars were there? If it was announced, I missed it.

MadJack
08-08-2010, 07:57 AM
how many cars showed?

ya, i dont understand why they had us parked out lol

FLSTCI71
08-08-2010, 05:43 PM
One comment I heard from a fellow Ford owner was that the outer row of cars should've been facing *in* for better viewing. After that comment was made, I noticed how hard it was to get decent engine-bay shots. It looked cool from Oakland Ave., but I couldn't get any decent photo angles of those cars.

ya, i dont understand why they had us parked out lol

Thanks for the comments! The theory on the parking was two fold. First, we haven't seen a car show where they parked the front row of cars with their butts facing the public. At least not one where the cars are so visible to a main road. Second, if the cars would have been backed down into the grass and if it would've rained much more, then it may have been interesting getting out of the grass. Having said that, I will definitely bring it up at the next meeting for us to discuss. If no one in the club objects, and if the dealership doesn't object, then I wouldn't see why we couldn't try it next time. The one thing we never thought of that you mentioned (and it's important) is the engine bay shots. That's a big part of most car shows and if people can't get good engine shots, then that's a problem.

I'll find out the totals at the next meeting and will let you know. Thanks again for the comments!

robl110
08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I am guessing the dealer will want them facing out to draw people in. Could just pull the cars to the edge of the grass allowing more room. Probably still be tough to get good engine shots.

HELLFYR
08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Yeah, that is one of the challenges of holding the show on a day the dealership is open for business.

DNeinstadt
08-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Grats to everyone, sounds like a blast! :)

F8LBITE
08-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the comments! The theory on the parking was two fold. First, we haven't seen a car show where they parked the front row of cars with their butts facing the public. At least not one where the cars are so visible to a main road. Second, if the cars would have been backed down into the grass and if it would've rained much more, then it may have been interesting getting out of the grass. Having said that, I will definitely bring it up at the next meeting for us to discuss. If no one in the club objects, and if the dealership doesn't object, then I wouldn't see why we couldn't try it next time. The one thing we never thought of that you mentioned (and it's important) is the engine bay shots. That's a big part of most car shows and if people can't get good engine shots, then that's a problem.

I'll find out the totals at the next meeting and will let you know. Thanks again for the comments!

I was probably the one P51 was referring to on the parking comment. Is there not enough room to have the rear end toward the road and still keep em on the lot? As far as being a draw from the main road, I would think a bunch of shiny cars with the hoods open and all of the people walking around the lot should still work tho.

Fix parking,add hamburgers to the menu (for people that don't eat hot dogs), up registration cost to cover hamburger expense. Hell, I'd pay $10/car to attend that show. Maybe that's just me tho.
Don't get me wrong, still had a great time and looking forward to next years show.

Aspette
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I was probably the one P51 was referring to on the parking comment. Is there not enough room to have the rear end toward the road and still keep em on the lot? As far as being a draw from the main road, I would think a bunch of shiny cars with the hoods open and all of the people walking around the lot should still work tho.

Fix parking,add hamburgers to the menu (for people that don't eat hot dogs), up registration cost to cover hamburger expense. Hell, I'd pay $10/car to attend that show. Maybe that's just me tho.
Don't get me wrong, still had a great time and looking forward to next years show.

Who is this Guy :ford:

HMMRDWN
08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
It was a fun show! Sure was nice to receive such a warm welcome from the SE Minnesota Ford club members when we rolled up as a group. Thanks for hosting the event, I am already looking forward to next year's show! We will have to work a deal with P51 and put in our order for nice weather in advance. :)