PDA

View Full Version : Cruise to August 7th - 4th Annual All Ford Show in Austin, MN

HMMRDWN
08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone!

Let's cruise together to the 4th Annual All Ford Show in Austin, MN on Saturday August 7th!

Here are the UPDATED details:

START************************

Meet at 06:45 a.m. at the Gas station at the I494 and Bass Lake Road Exit (southwest corner)
Depart at 07:00 a.m.

From there we will head South on 494 and then continue South to I35W

There are members in the southern metro area that would like to join us, we will pick up those members at the
New Market rest area on I35 (southbound) at milepost 75 (rest area just after the Elko exit)

Estimated time of arrival at the New Market rest area is 07:45 a.m.
Depart New Market rest area at 08:00 a.m.

From there we will continue on our journey southbound.

We will proceed Southbound on I35 and exit at MN route 30 - Ellendale exit
We will travel East on MN 30 toward Blooming Prairie
Then we will turn South on US218

At this juncture - we will be picking up additional cruisers who will be waiting alongside the road for us. (Max I will call you when we're about 1/2 hour from Blooming Prairie)

We will proceed South on US218 into Austin. Max will lead us to the carwash in town for those of us that need bug removal :)

Then, it's on to the show location - just down the street from the car wash.

END===========> Holdiay Ford 2701 W. Oakland Ave Austin, MN

We will arrive in Austin, and have located a coin op car wash that should be suitable for post highway driving cleanup.
Bring your quarters and dollar bills!

If you are interested in cruising together, please post up so we know who to look for...and we WILL be stopping at the rest area on I35 southbound at milepost 75 to pick up additional cruisers.

This is a really fun show, and they have a post show memorial cruise that was excellent last year.
Hope to see a bunch of us gather and cruise as a group!

Post up! :)

HELLFYR
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
in

GMan
08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
We may be in.

robl110
08-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I am in for meeting at the New Market rest area.

Anyone have an address for the car wash in Austin? I want to see if I can find an e85 station close so I can fill up before the show/cruise.

HMMRDWN
08-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi, I called the car wash...it is called Budget Oil and is actually a gas station, that DOES sell E85.
It is called Budget Oil (I think it's actually a Sinclair station) on 501 Oakland Ave East, in Austin. They have two car wash stalls...one is manual do it yourself coin op and the cost is ~ $2 for 4 minutes. The other stall is the typical drive through gas station type. I did not ask for pricing on that one.

Glad you can join the group!

robl110
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi, I called the car wash...it is called Budget Oil and is actually a gas station, that DOES sell E85.
It is called Budget Oil (I think it's actually a Sinclair station) on 501 Oakland Ave East, in Austin. They have two car wash stalls...one is manual do it yourself coin op and the cost is ~ $2 for 4 minutes. The other stall is the typical drive through gas station type. I did not ask for pricing on that one.

Glad you can join the group!

Now that works out perfect! I can fill up while you all wash :cool2: Thanks HMMRDWN!!!!!!!!

HELLFYR
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Now I just gotta find time to swap over to the street pads up front and get this beast cleaned up... it's a bit "dusty" after the auto-cross event last weekend. :)

HMMRDWN
08-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Clean up on HMMR starts tonight... Ok, maybe tomorrow...ummm...well, sometime before Saturday morning! :)

maxshuty
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I look forward to seeing you all there! Depending on the route you choose to take I may be interested in driving up to Blooming Praire and cruising back to Austin with you all... if your fine with a 'lil v6 cruising, heh. If you are taking the Blooming Praire route (instead of going to Albert Lea and connecting on I-90) let me know and I can drive up there and wait on the road until I see you and just hop in with you, I could possibly get a couple other friends of mine with Mustangs to do the same. Anyways let me know, maybe we can get something figured out.

-Max

HMMRDWN
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Sounds great! I was thinking about taking I35 to 30 and then hitting 218 and heading down that way. I can pm you and we can exchange cell phone numbers so I can give you an idea of when we'll be passing thru that way once we're on the road. :)

p51mstg
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Hmmrdwn, interesting choice, and I think it's a good one.

Max - go to Lansing much? What night are the races?

HMMRDWN
08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks P51 - have a friend who's family lives in Austin - he suggested this as an alternate to hitting 218 from Owatonna due to construction and lane closures when going from I35 to 218.
Should be a nice cruise. :)
Looking forward to seeing you again. :)

HMMRDWN
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Updated route info posted in first thread post!
See you all in the morning!

robl110
08-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Only 2.5 hours left of my 14 hour shift :bounce: Then its time to go home and put the finishing touchs on the LX for tomorrow.

maxshuty
08-06-2010, 07:22 PM
What time do you think (approximentaly) you'll be reaching blooming praire? Just so I can set alarms accordingly

I'm guessing around 9ish?

@P51 I haven't been there this year - races are every friday if I'm not mistaken. Pretty fun time there though

MadJack
08-06-2010, 08:47 PM
in!!! ill meet ya'll at the rest area, ill be there around 730 waiting !im excited!:ford:

HMMRDWN
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
in!!! ill meet ya'll at the rest area, ill be there around 730 waiting !im excited!:ford:

We'll look for ya! See ya then!

HMMRDWN
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
What time do you think (approximentaly) you'll be reaching blooming praire? Just so I can set alarms accordingly

I'm guessing around 9ish?

Hey Max, I'm guessing 9 -9:15 am - ish barring unexpected suprises....

OR... I have this problem.... the hammer seems to want to go DOWN all the time! :) Will be trying to cruise sanely to stay on target with the timeline. I'll still give ya a call when we're about 1/2 away from Blooming Prairie. :)

See ya then!