PDA

View Full Version : Cancer benefit this Sunday 3/28!

notnss
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
A good friend of mine has been battling colon cancer for the past year and we're having a benefit to help raise money for her mounting expenses. A few of you have had the fortune to meet Raquel (Rockin'98 as she's known on some other local car boards). Last winter she was diagnosed with colon cancer, she underwent surgery and subsequent treatment and after months of chemo she was cancer free in October '09. Unfortunately her cancer returned less than 2 months later and it has spread to her abdomen. Raquel is fighting stage IV cancer and has been in the hospital for 2 months so far of the new year.

We're having a benefit concert this Sunday at Pickle Park in Fridley to help raise money and to also let her know that there are a lot of people out there thinking about her. We're also doing a silent auction/raffle, below are some of the items we'll have available:

Autographed Leine's paddle
Autographed AP photo
T-wolves tickets
Autographed Wild photos (Bouchard, Scott and Boogaard)
bar stools
various gift cards for different establishments
We are also doing a 50/50 raffle. If you've been to a Wild game this year you probably know what I mean if not here's how it works.
You buy raffle tickets, the more tickets sold the more money to raffle at the end. 50% goes to Raquel 50% goes to the winner.
Also there will be a limited quanity of t-shirts that were made up for sale for $15 each!

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac199/jsphotog/Raquel_Benefit_2-1.png

Hopefully we can get a great turnout!

HELLFYR
03-24-2010, 11:32 PM
We will be there for sure!

Thanks for posting this up J

DNeinstadt
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
We might make an appearance. :)

notnss
03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
:bump: 2 days till the benefit. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 50s so feel free to bring the cars out!

HAULNSS
03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
:bump: 2 days till the benefit. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 50s so feel free to bring the cars out!

I plan on making it and might bring the family with. Insurance goes on the Impala tomorrow.......:banana:

Randy

notnss
03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Bump! Benefit is tomorrow, depending on how Raquel feels tomorrow the hospital is going to give her a pass so she can go :)

DNeinstadt
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Hoping to make it! :)

LadyCobra
03-28-2010, 08:45 AM
We'll be there today! :thup:

dirtym
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Wish we could have made it down there. Hope the turnout was good!