PDA

View Full Version : Leather cleaning

Slick
03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
My dad asked me today how he can clean his leather seats of all the grime from his work clothes. Since I have never had leather I was wondering if anyone has some tricks or suggests for me. Thanks

Cookieboy
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
this might help... a good youtube video explination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_no6Q7lJmgM&NR

HAULNSS
03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Zaino has a good leather cleaner (called Z9) and the conditioner (called Z10) is really good. It even smells like new leather.

I use a clean towel for cleaning, preferably one with a little nap to it so it can reach into the texture of the leather. For really dirty or deep texture leather, I start with a soft brush to loosen the dirt. For the conditioner, I use another soft towel or applicator and will usually let it sit for a little while and then lightly buff it off with another clean towel.

Randy

Slick
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
thanks the video answered a lot of questions i had, I'm going to try the Zaino it hasn't let me down yet! So thanks.

DNeinstadt
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Zaino is the best stuff I have tried...

Video_Master
03-25-2010, 07:54 AM
ZAINO FTMFW!!! Randy knows a lot about it as well. Hmmmm, I wonder why that is...

HAULNSS
03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
ZAINO FTMFW!!! Randy knows a lot about it as well. Hmmmm, I wonder why that is...

Thanks Dave.

I have used a little Zaino in the last 8 years or so........:hehe: I have also scrubbed quite a few leather interiors, too.:eyetwitch:

Randy

Cookieboy
03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks the video answered a lot of questions i had

Welcome, I didn't have any suggestions for products but sometimes the process is just as important.