PDA

View Full Version : Tahrs....

HELLFYR
08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Holy soft and sticky...

Just put new rubber on the back of the cobra today.
Nitto NT05R.
These are by far the softest tire I've ever own, even softer than the Mickey T's I had.

Has me wondering what their "road" life will be. :oogle:

If they work out, the plan is to put a set of non-R NT05 on the front some time next season. :3gears:

Rod

TF2v97SN
08-17-2010, 09:43 PM
i think nitto says 5k miles max

robl110
08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
are the R's a drag radial? Let's see a pic.

sonicx
08-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Im a huge fan of Nitto's tires & have always used 555's. But my next set will be the Nitto Invo. I've heard nothing but awsome reviews from other people as it delivers a balance of wet and dry performance as well as quietness and ride comfort. Just been getting such good deals on the 555's i couldn't pass up. Im not too familar with the NT05's although i was told by one of their reps that it's their most aggressive non-competition street tire which is based off of the Nitto NT01 race tire technology but designed specifically for maximum street performance. Now you may or may not be concerned with the tread wear because you prob saw its 200 rating but based off my limited knowledge i pretty sure your looking at closer reaching 10K on a set . You should be able to hit 5K easily granted you aren't peeling out & lighting up constantly. I'd like to know (later) how they've worked/ are working for you.

TF2v97SN
08-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Im a huge fan of Nitto's tires & have always used 555's. But my next set will be the Nitto Invo. I've heard nothing but awsome reviews from other people as it delivers a balance of wet and dry performance as well as quietness and ride comfort. Just been getting such good deals on the 555's i couldn't pass up. Im not too familar with the NT05's although i was told by one of their reps that it's their most aggressive non-competition street tire which is based off of the Nitto NT01 race tire technology but designed specifically for maximum street performance. Now you may or may not be concerned with the tread wear because you prob saw its 200 rating but based off my limited knowledge i pretty sure your looking at closer reaching 10K on a set . You should be able to hit 5K easily granted you aren't peeling out & lighting up constantly. I'd like to know (later) how they've worked/ are working for you.

if you didnt notice, the tread wear rating on the nt05r is a 00 rating not a 200 rating. these will wear very fast!

sonicx
08-17-2010, 10:54 PM
if you didnt notice, the tread wear rating on the nt05r is a 00 rating not a 200 rating. these will wear very fast!

I didn't hahaha.... my eyes skipped over that. It's the NT05's with the 200 rating. Yes... the R's are indeed a different story.

Saleen2bfree
08-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I just put Invo's on my ride three weeks ago. Love them! I haven't a chance to really put them to a test yet but they ride nice. :3gears:

HELLFYR
08-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Yes drag radial...

They are soft enough you can literally leave a fingerprint on the tread. Crazy.

sonicx
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I just put Invo's on my ride three weeks ago. Love them! I haven't a chance to really put them to a test yet but they ride nice. :3gears:

Nice :thup:

That was a good investment your car will love you lol.

MadJack
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
let me know how they work too, i think next summer i need to invest in some nice tires

No1Ford
08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Planning on doing some drag racing this year (1/4 mile)?

HELLFYR
08-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Planning on doing some drag racing this year (1/4 mile)?

I wish... replacing a set of baked Nitto Extreme II on the rear (from the auto-crossing and road coursing).
Next event is in Sturgis, 1/8th mile drags, more auto-crossing. Will get to see how well they handle traffic
cruising on the way out, and the twisties in the mountains.

Should be a good workout for them.