PDA

View Full Version : DAVE / VIDEO MASTER

HELLFYR
03-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Please compare your diagram for the boost-a-pump to the instructions on SVTPerformance.

By your diagram, you have the new 8awg 40a fused line that runs from under the hood to the trunk
hitting the relay at pin 30, and the 30a fused input to the boost-a-pump connecting to pin 87 on the relay.

According to the SVTP site, this should be exactly the opposite.
8awg 40a fused to 87 and 30 becomes the input to the BAP via the 30a fused line

I am wired like the SVTP site as of about midnite tonight, and while it was too late to fire up the car (kids are sleeping) I DO have typical fuel pump noise when turning the key to the on position.

So... I dunno.

Have to do some research on the pins and functions, and reason out which info is correct.

Anyway... just thought I'd shoot you a heads up that there is a discrepency.

Rod

HELLFYR
03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok... after further research, it really doesn't matter which circuit is used.

By default pin 30 is connected to 87a (which is not used in this circuit).
Pin 85 is ground referenced in both circuits.
When voltage is applied to pin 86, it causes the relay switch to close, thereby connecting pin 87 to pin 30.

In your circuit that simply flows one direction through the relay (30 to 87), in the SVTP it flows the other direction (87 to 30).

The only time that becomes an issue is in relays that are diode "buffered" to prevent voltage spikes when the relay slams back open.
And these relays don't have those!

PROBLEM SOLVED !

Won't get a change to fire up the car until Friday, but I suspect all is going to be just fine.

Just need to track down the SCT LiveWire software to track the Injector Duty Cycle so I can play around with the dial and make sure it is doing what it is 'sposed to be doin'.

Rod

Video_Master
03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Rod, looks like you answered the question yourself. Yes it does not matter unless you use a diode "buffered" relay.