miles and mods - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: miles and mods

2012 Update

Thought with some new faces around that I'd bump this thread.

I am now almost at 75K. Last week I tore off (almost disintegrated) OEM quad-shocks for a set of KYB gas quad-shocks. Good improvement.

Just ordered today (URP products): Mustang Billet Battery Tray Hold Down Kit. My stock tray is beat-up and I keep failing tech at AX so I got fed-up lol.

What's new with you?

Banned
    Well, body has 215,xxx.
    Engine and trans have less than 50 mile since they were rebuilt.
    tore trans apart and replaced worn items like 3rd gear lol also added a torsen lsd.
    egine got all new gaskets and bearings, powder coated timing cover and valve covers.
    Installed a madjack speed COP harness.
    newer engine harnesses
    painted engine bay, did some minor wire tucking.
    deleted a/c
    wilwood calipers up front on stock size drilled slotted rotors all around will be installed before cc
    goes into paint this week end.

Since 2010 I've probably added maybe 500 miles.

Registered Users
    Bone stock 14,000 now 60,000 mods now d1 10 psi, sportline, built rear, true forged rims, custom wrap sparco sears, stinger, bassani o/r x pipe, a lot more to lazy to type it all lol

Registered Users
    Future mods are built motor, viper spec t-56 or tko600, up the boost to 20 psi

Bump to an old thread. what's everybody progress for currently 2013??

My Zephyr had about 60,000 miles on it when I tore it apart. I'm pretty sure I'm the 4th owner. The original owner had it until pretty recently and traded it in on a Hyundai. The odometer on the '90 Mustang parts car read 54,000, but I'm thinking that's 154,000. My 302 is pretty beat. Anyway, the drivetrain in the Zeph is all '87-93 Mustang now. T-5 trans and 8.8 rear. Brakes are '01 Mustang in front and Mark VII in the rear. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Qa1 tubular K-member and caster/camber plates, BBK strut tower brace, Steeda lower control arms in the rear. The rest of the car is a hodge-podge of parts from various different Fords. I'm slowly getting to where everything works well together, but the suspension/wheels are a major concern. It has '01 Bullitt wheels on it now, but I need more offset so I can lower the car to a more reasonable height. It sits WAY too high and rides horribly. The mixed bag of shocks and springs contributes to that too, i'm sure. I'm going to finish this year's projects with subframe connectors, get the car weighed and put some proper coilovers in the car to work with that weight along with some different wheels.

I'll bet I've put less than 10,000 miles on the car since I've had it (between swapping dashes, I'm not sure). I've always been dis-satisfied with something about it, so it mostly sits and gets driven to car shows. I really hope that changes in the near future.
    '79 Zephyr ES
    '14 Fusion SE
    '14 Focus SE Sport

Banned
    Rangers got 133, xxx miles. Getting a 50, xxx mile expo v8 with a couple bolt ons

Awesome! Keep em posts coming, there has to been than 2 other people on here.