Tranny Question

Thread: Tranny Question

Registered Users

Tranny Question

I don't think my wife had her tranny flushed at 50,000 miles as recommended. The car now has 100,000 miles and my question is will it be bad to flush it now? I was thinking about just draining the fluid and replacing it, but I was told doing that might actually create problems. Any advice?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell

Current Paid Member
    what type of car?
    Built 2v, 2005 aluminum wap block .020 over, forged crank, manley rods and pistons, balanced, trickflow 44cc heads, MHS 2v tf cams. bassani x pipe, magnaflow catback, bullitt intake, JLT ram air intake. fully studded. 268hp 286tq at 4700-just flatlines after that to 6500 due to stock exhaust manifolds. all through a 4R70W

I have always heard you need to have a shop that has the equipment swap the fluid in your automatic trans equipped car. The reason stated has always been that draining only gets about 50-75% of the fluid out, as some fluid is left in the converter. You can do this yourself if you have a pair of huge buckets and have a trans cooler up front, just have one bucket full of clean fluid and the other empty and cycle it through, but IMO it's easier and less messy to have a shop do it.

Dan