s197 Headers

Thread: s197 Headers

s197 Headers

Looking into buying kooks headers before spring for my s197. Can't decide if i want O/R or catted x-pipe. I want it loud but not obnoxious. Any kind of feedback from people with similar setups would be great..

Your title says headers but your post mentions a mid pipe. So are you doing both?

Bassani ceramic headers will show the biggest gains. But there a pain to install verse other brands. My other choIice I'd suggest is Mac. If your set the on x vs. h it's going to sound a bit more raspy like a Nascar car compared to the h (deep rumble). A catted pipe won't be as loud but it'll cost a tad bit more. The HP difference between offroad vs catted is so minimum that it shouldn't influence your decision. For mid pipe magnaflow, Mac would be my vote.

Im set on kooks headers. Mainly because of the fitment, I don't want to deal with exhaust leaks. If you buy kooks headers you have to buy their X or H pipe to fit because they are a little shorter than others. HP difference is not my concern. I am only concerned with the sound. I just don't want to be getting pulled over like crazy because my exhaust is to loud.

Sonicx You have cats on yours?

Typically Cops wont bug you unless one is horsing around however call up a Kooks rep and see if they're 50 state legal (noise polution). Because I know some companies are verified as such. What are you running currently with a catback? Because that'll play into the noise too. Have you looked at some youtube video footage? I know the quality isn't the same as if your in person but itll give you some idea at least. I went HIGH-Flows Catted X only because I don't know what the future holds and if I do leave Minnesota and end up in a state with emmission testing I'd set. Additionally, Magnaflow Magnapacks + Magnaflow catted X is one of the best sound set-ups on a New Edge. The packs with a o/r pipe would be too over the top. It's loud at 1700-2100 rpms. But your correct in thinking that noise volume will be less with cats.
    Last edited by sonicx; 01-29-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Im pretty sure my catbacks are made from borla. I think they switched to magnaflow from 06-09 but im not totally sure. I have read on saleen forums that LT's with O/R x-pipes are too loud. I think im going to go catted X-pipe. I have listened too youtube videos and Its just too hard to tell the real sound with the audio quality.

I came across a guy on a mustang forum who had a 05 Saleen (sonic blue in fact) #125 and he said his came with magnaflows. I am pretty sure it's mags and not borla. As I've heard others say the same. He paired that with Kooks Longtube Headers with Catted H-Pipe. Said he never looked back & it's been a blast driving.
    Last edited by sonicx; 01-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Great. looks like ill be getting kooks LT's with a catted X or H-pipe