Spring Tune up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Tune up

Spring Tune up

*Never too soo to be starting something like this*

Future Needs:

Spark Plugs (anyone know what I should go with)?

Front 02 sensors (anyone know of somewhere cheap)?

New Battery (brands)?

Anything else should I do for a tune up? Got the tranny fluided & fuel filter changed about 10K ago.

Current Paid Member
    stock plugs, since you dont really have any mods, make sure you put some dielectric on the bottoms of the boots before you reinstall them. do you really need front O2's? bosch ones are good. stock battery-you get what you pay for... supercharger bolt on.....?
    Built 2v, 2005 aluminum wap block .020 over, forged crank, manley rods and pistons, balanced, trickflow 44cc heads, MHS 2v tf cams. bassani x pipe, magnaflow catback, bullitt intake, JLT ram air intake. fully studded. 268hp 286tq at 4700-just flatlines after that to 6500 due to stock exhaust manifolds. all through a 4R70W

My gas mileage is starting to suck really bad in the last several weeks. Late summer/Fall time I was getting tad over 300miles for a tank of gas. Now I am at 230ish. I've read on forums that your front 02's go "lazy" my car is just 200miles short of 70K.

Current Paid Member
    cold weather and winter blend gas make for shitty mileage. at 70k miles your O2's are probably ok, but you can replace them if youd like.
    Built 2v, 2005 aluminum wap block .020 over, forged crank, manley rods and pistons, balanced, trickflow 44cc heads, MHS 2v tf cams. bassani x pipe, magnaflow catback, bullitt intake, JLT ram air intake. fully studded. 268hp 286tq at 4700-just flatlines after that to 6500 due to stock exhaust manifolds. all through a 4R70W

Registered Users
    cold weather makes your gas mileage worse. 2002 galant gets 325-330 miles per tank in summer but right now i am getting 270 or so.

Registered Users
    A good thing to get is a MAF cleaner/electric cleaner to clean off your Mass Air Flow sensor.

I have some said electrical cleaner...

Agree with other posts. Your 02 sensors are probably fine, you don't see them go bad under 100k just check the connections. For plugs go with Ford spark plugs. JJ has a great point definitely check to see if your MAF sensor is clean. A clean MAF sensor is something that is easy to overlook.

Current Paid Member
    a dirty maf sensor usually makes the engine think its running rich and will lean it out, which would increase mileage. i would leave the maf alone unless you had a filtration problem..... by cleaning its possible to do more harm than good.
    Last edited by TF2v97SN; 02-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Guys, I'll try spark plugs this springtime. Especially if said 02s are typically ok & I've cleaned MAF late last summer.