CC Plates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC Plates

Registered Users

CC Plates

I am going to order some CC plates for my 94 GT Stang because my front tires are wearing on the inside bad so i need to get some plates on there and get the car aligned because i can't afford tires till july.

Is there anyone that has an open garage that can teach me how to install these this weekend or next weekend because i live at an apartment and have no ware to work on it? I do not know a lot about suspension or any thing about these except they move your struts properly after a car is lowered. Also i am ordering the 4 bolt so it says there needs to be a hole drilled for one of the bolts which i herd is the hardest part so it doesn't seem to bad to do.

Thanks JJ
    Last edited by JJhirsch; 04-24-2012 at 08:35 AM.

I am sensing another wrench day; which as some of you know I am down for.

To be honest not sure how many wrenching days I will be volunteering to host, my time is about to get even more rare..

However, if we can get enough people interested, it'd make the jobs go faster...

Dan

My post wasn't meant to guilt trip anyone to volunteer. Sorry if it sounded as such as that wasn't my intent. depending when it is im down though your still going to need a professional alignment done to get it within spec.

Banned
    wearing on the in/outside of the tire can also be caused by bad toe adjustment

Registered Users

Banned
    looks like what my csvt was doing, had the toe all screwed up.

Current Paid Member
    that needs CC plates
    Built 2v, 2005 aluminum wap block .020 over, forged crank, manley rods and pistons, balanced, trickflow 44cc heads, MHS 2v tf cams. bassani x pipe, magnaflow catback, bullitt intake, JLT ram air intake. fully studded. 268hp 286tq at 4700-just flatlines after that to 6500 due to stock exhaust manifolds. all through a 4R70W

CC needed or the adjustment holes need to be elongated and locked down tight. Sometimese this can be done, most of the time not, so the simplest solution is the CC plates to be sure you are good to go.

The installation itself was actually very straight forward (with the Maximum Motorports ones anyway). Did it in the garage in a few hours taking my time.
    You MUST get it aligned by a reputable shop when done. Or you will chew up another set of tires.

Registered Users
    I bought the MM ones they should be here tomorrow.