Boiling coolant 99 CSVT

Thread: Boiling coolant 99 CSVT

Registered Users

Boiling coolant 99 CSVT

I have read that boiling coolant means a bad head gasket. I have a 99 SVT Contour and I am wondering what else MIGHT it be. I haven't looked into it any farther than searching on the web, because I noticed it pulling into work today. Things I am going to do:

Compression check
    Water pump replacement (hasn't been done in 156,xxx miles)
    inspect coolant and oil for contamination of the other.

Is there anything else I should be checking while I'm at it?

Thanks for the help all

Bubbles in the coolant or white smoke? Otherwise it could be a leaky hose, that introduces air to the system..

There was a known problem with water pump impellers on some 2.5L motors, I'd check there and be VERY careful if you choose to drive it.

Dan

Registered Users
    Well it's my DD and I have two jobs so I have to drive it. No white smoke as far as I have seen. Just bubbling in the overflow this morning. Fans were on and running and the temp gauge never moved outside normal operating range. I won't have time to take it in for pump till next week.

Banned
    Sounds like you could eithr have a leaky hose, or a bad overflow cap can do this to. I may have a 2.5 water pump laying around. Ill look today while im workin on the csvt.

Registered Users
    Is it the updated one? If so what would you like for it?

Banned
    I cant rember, I pulled it a couple years ago. It's free, just get er out my face lol