5.0 Cobra Spark Plug Gap

Thread: 5.0 Cobra Spark Plug Gap

Registered Users

5.0 Cobra Spark Plug Gap

So I'm changing out the plugs in my car. Bought some copper motorcraft plugs. Just curious if there's a different spark plug gap other than stock that people recommend or like to run. I've read that a lot of people run it a little tighter than the .054" stock spec. They weren't running any power adders, and neither am I. Let me know what you think.

Current Paid Member
    For those of us that are not familiar with your vehicle, could you post up some information on it?

Registered Users
    Sorry bout that. Just a mostly stock 94 Cobra. Cold air, long tubes, x-pipe and flowmasters. That sums it up.

I've never kept the .05x gap on any car I've had that is just way to wide IMO.

NA drop them to 0.43 to 0.44, blown start at .032 and narrow the gap until no spark blow out... I end of at .028 in my car.

Registered Users
    This is a surprisingly difficult question to find an answer for on the intrawebs. Lots of threads about the stock plug gap, but nothing on what you should really gap them at.

I feel like .054 is pretty wide too, but didn't want to be all nilly willy and gap them at .045 without asking. I'm no pro. Anybody else have any input?