My other ride/resto project

Thread: My other ride/resto project

Registered Users

My other ride/resto project

Nice ride. I ended up selling my '80 Raleigh Marathon last summer, which was a 12 speed. A lot of guys are turning these into single speeds these days... It appears you have a large frame on that bike. My bike was a massive 28" frame!

Registered Users
    It is a huge bike, I didn't measure the frame itself but it's got a 35 1/2 inch standover which is perfect since I've got a 36 inch inseam.

I've really got to get different tires for it, I want to go back to 1 1/8 inch tires because the 1 1/4 rear that's on it feels kind of squishy even at 95psi.

I still had the original gumball tires on mine when I sold it. She was in great original condition. I also got mine for free, used it for a few years and then sold it for almost $200! Had the same standover height as yours and was a ball buster for me, even though I'm 6'3". (:

Registered Users
    There's some value in them for sure, I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

I think it had the original tires when I got it, I had swapped out the rear just to try riding it which is why it has the blackwall in that first pic.