West Concord Car Show - July 24, 10-2:30pm - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Concord Car Show - July 24, 10-2:30pm

It was very nice to meet everyone! It was a long day for me, but seeing those Mustangs come around the corner was definitely the highlight! It seemed like everyone had a good time - including the locals (I did NOT have anything to do with the awards - that was strictly what the people wanted, and I think that says something about how much they liked the Mustangs).

Normally, I bring down West Concord's frst fire truck, a 1929 International, to the show. Unfortunately, we think it's got a broken valve spring, and it stayed parked all weekend. So, sorry I couldn't get that out. It's quite a rig - 6-cylinder 45hp straight 6, 4 wheel drum brakes and electric start - all OPTIONS in the 1920s. Incidentally, the engine is a Lycoming, which is a company that switched to making aircraft engines after about 1930. I think the ignition system is a Delco. The upholstery (or, what's left of it) is actual horsehair - that was the only way to go back then.

After the car show, I went home and changed shirts/hats (figuratively and literally), and went down to the big tent for a fire department fundraiser. Then, my wife and I went down to the dance for a beer to unwind with music by Jonah and the Whales (a great band from the metro). After the dance was over at 1am, I was back down there to help clean up. We hose down the street with a fire truck, and that convinces people to go home (or somewhere else, anyway). There's a non-demoninational church service under the big tent on Sunday mornings every year, and we have to get the beer (and.... let's just say... other smells). washed down the drain for them! I was in bed by 3:30am. So much for life in a small town...

I'd love to see those pictures!
    Wise Old Geezer say, "It is better to be thought of as a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

P51mstg.....On behalf of our little group that attended your show....we want to thank you and everyone from your great community that worked so hard to organize a great car show. You made all of us feel very welcome and even ordered up great weather to boot !! We met and talked to many of your local residents while we were there and truly enjoyed the day. Keep us posted for next years show.... we would love to come back again.

Thanks for the hospitality, had a fun time at your show/fundraiser. Hope you were able to raise what you were hoping for. Will definatly go back next year. Parking in the street of small town America reminded me alot of the Sturgis Mustang Rally car show! It was great meeting you p51!