Twin Ports Mustang and Ford club show 062610 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twin Ports Mustang and Ford club show 062610

Something else to keep in mind is the QUANTITY of members we are talking about in our club versus the smaller clubs that "eliminate themselves" from the voting.

When our show pulls 150 to 170 cars, I'd say easily 1/3 of that is club members cars.

I don't believe in awarding trophies (at any car show) to cars that are NOT the best in class.
    It just turns the show into a joke.
    Eliminating all of our members cars WOULD force that to happen in several classes.

Also, if we eliminate our members cars from participating in the voting of the show, what incentive is there for
    someone to become a member of our club AND attend the show. It seems you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Just some things to ponder.

Good topic for discussion, but again, there are many aspects that need to be considered and honestly, there is not enough
    time left before this years show to properly address the idea (in my opinion).

Rod

I thought I would post up some actual numbers from last year in regards to members who participated in the show since Rod brought it up.

Last year, we had 30 member cars registered, 10 of which were in the SVT Cobra class.
    The remaining 20 were spread out through the various classes.

That is out of the 155 total cars at the show so it was 1/5th of the show.

The splitting into two of the SVT Cobra class was a result of 10 of our members showing in that class
    and wanting to be fair to the 93-01 cobras competing against the 03-04 Terminators.

Our club members showing at the show was part of when we were SVTOATC and had 70-75 paid members.
    After our name change and lowering of membership dues, our membership has nearly doubled at 135 paid members currently.

Of those 60-65 new paid members, only 5 were at our show last year.

Just more information to ponder and discuss for this weekend.
    As I've said, I love new ideas, thoughts and opinions, but the timeframe is my concern at this time.

Thanks for "listening"
    HELLFYR's Woman | 04 Cobra | 09 Flex | 11 Escape

No big deal, just some food for thought. Let's put it on the list for next year's show discussion so as not to disrupt this year's event.

Club car's in one class is a cool thing I like that.