Hobbies - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hobbies

Registered Users
    Here's an update to my old post, The Beast is long done and sold and I've rehabbed and sold about 25 bikes since then.

Here's the before and after of The Beast, I've learned a LOT since building this bike.

And I just built myself a new bike, 1979 Raleigh Super Grand Prix.

Before,

After,

Good thing you put a seat on it.
    Whew...ouch.

Registered Users
    The bikes look great! The Raleigh reminds me of my old mans bike when I was a kid. Do you make decent $ rehabing and selling vintage bikes or is it more for fun or a little of both?

Registered Users
    Quote Originally Posted by robl110 View Post
    The bikes look great! The Raleigh reminds me of my old mans bike when I was a kid. Do you make decent $ rehabing and selling vintage bikes or is it more for fun or a little of both?
    Thanks!

It brings in more than a part time job and I don't have to leave home or deal with a bunch of nonsense with schedules and stuff.

A big part of it is just the satisfaction of seeing how nice they turn out and watching the new owner check out their vintage bike for the first time.

Here's a couple of the really big turn arounds I've had.

Last edited by FORDSVTPARTS; 06-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Wow, that's awesome! I love riding my bike ('07 Cannondale Synapse).

My dad and brother rebuilt an old Schwinn a few years ago. Suprisingly they said it cost damn near the same as buying a new bike, as good quality components are EXPENSIVE! On the other hand, nothing rides like a steel frame bike especially when compared to an aluminum framed bike. Where do you buy your components from, Nashbar? Great pics, I'd love to see more pics of bikes you've restored
    1998 Mustang GT

MHS/Bullet Stage 2 NPI N/A Cams, PI Intake, Eibach pro-kit, Tokico shocks/struts, MM LCA's, MM Full length subframe connectors, MAC underdrive pulleys, Magnaflow catted x-pipe, MAC cat-back, Steeda tri-ax shifter, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Aluminum D/S, RAM HDX Clutch

237 RWHP, 281 RWTQ
    Tuned by Dan at DB Performance

My Car Domain page

Registered Users
    Quote Originally Posted by N8's98GT View Post
    Wow, that's awesome! I love riding my bike ('07 Cannondale Synapse).

My dad and brother rebuilt an old Schwinn a few years ago. Suprisingly they said it cost damn near the same as buying a new bike, as good quality components are EXPENSIVE! On the other hand, nothing rides like a steel frame bike especially when compared to an aluminum framed bike. Where do you buy your components from, Nashbar? Great pics, I'd love to see more pics of bikes you've restored
    Thanks, for the most part I recondition existing components but most new parts come from County Cycle in Roseville or Niagara Cycle on line. Used parts come from my parts bins, Sibley Bike Depot or Express bikes on Sibley.

Here's one I just did over the weekend and sold yesterday,

1991 Bianchi Forza,

Also sold last weekend, 1972 Peugeot,

One more,

It's fun building them and it brings in some very welcome extra income.

Quote Originally Posted by shedvl View Post
    well i see its been awhile since anyone was on this thread but I'll add my hobbies since I'm new.....

If I'm not working my time is usually 100% on my dogs and working with them. I have a rescued doberman and I just adopted a puppy last summer. Other then that I love to do crafty like things and clean(yes i know its sad) but there is nothing more satisfying then a clean house to relax in. I also love to find new ways to decorate and make my house a little more unique
    love that! with my messy kids and hubby it usually only lasts 1 day

Registered Users
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriG6 View Post
    love that! with my messy kids and hubby it usually only lasts 1 day

Banned
    A new hobby ive gotten into over the last year is building wiring harness'. currently building COP harnesses. And designing the harness for my ranger.

Registered Users
    Hobbies of mine outside cars are collecting vintage video games/consoles/accesories and fishkeeping. Other than that I work and spend time with the wife...lol.